12 December 2007

wide awake and thinking...

it's 3:45 a.m. and here i sit. wide awake. an unknown man with a 435 area code (southern utah) called me last night and i informed him he had the wrong number. i think this man hoped that one last-ditch effort late at night might produce the person he was looking for, and decided to give me another ring at 3:30 a.m.

as i answered i again informed him that not only did he have the wrong number, but he had called and woken some one up on the east coast. he laughed and said "i'm so sorry. you and your husband are probably trying to get a good night's rest. i promise i won't call again." ha. little did he know that i was in my petite twin-sized bed, sans a husband, and had just taken my upper retainer out to answer the phone in a move characteristic of a 14-year-old.

so here i sit. typing. at my computer. wide awake. alas, thank you 435 man...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sweet sister, you absolutely crack me up. I love you!