18 December 2007

spreading some christmas cheer

last night as i was driving home through my neighborhood i heard a fire truck in the distance. hearing a fire truck is not an uncommon occurence, so i didn't think much of it. after i got home my rommate mentioned to me that she had been hearing the fire truck for what seemed like a really long time.

as we're talking about it, i hear one getting even closer and look out my window to see the truck practically stopped in front of our house. my roommate and i exchange worried looks and went to open the door.

what do we find but a santa sitting on top of the fire truck, waving as he passed by. i thought it was the cutest thing. it was a freezing night, and here were these firefighters, equipped with their very own santa, going around town handing out candy canes to little kids. i must note that the santa looked pretty authentic and i'm slightly convinced that he may have been the real deal.

so naturally, we decide that we need to thank these darling, and pretty cute, firefighters. luckily my roommate had about 600 dozen cookies that we could share (maybe a little less, but when you're trying to not eat sweets a single dozen seems like 100). we quickly packaged some up and went on our hunt around town to find them. we found them on 23rd street and i had my roommate jump out of the car to give them to a surprised firefighter.

the cookies were delivered and merriment was had by all. thank you, firefighters!

the below picture really has nothing to do with the above story, other than the fact that there is a firetruck in the picture. as i was searching for "santa and fire truck" the below image came up. i thought it was hilarious and am shocked that somehow these tiny trucks never caught on...

additonal side note-- this is my 50th post. do i win a prize for that? where are my balloons falling from the ceiling? anybody?




3 comments:

Sarah said...

Do you think I can get one of those trucks? Pretty please? Here's a figurative balloon for you; sorry I can't release a whole bunch in celebration. :-)

Sheryl said...

I love love love you...random is your middle name...I really want to see you New Year's or even before. Are you home now? Let me know when you are coming up.
p.s. I love firemen, there's just something about them!

Anonymous said...

I wish I had a quarter of your energy - some times I get exhausted just thinking about all the activities you manage to squeeze into your week. I love that you are seeing the many wonderful parts of the country and having so much fun with your life. You rock and I am always so proud of you.