29 May 2007

duck beach 2007










i'm converted. completely and overtly converted. to the beach that is. before this last weekend's trip down to the outerbanks of NC, i considered myself an anti-beach goer. years of growing up in a family that perhaps visited the beach once (and that's a huge maybe -- i can't imagine that we never visited the beach but can't recall a specific instance), you tend to not have an affinity for all things water related.

but after proding and convincing from a dear roommate, i relented and went down to duck. i was amazed at how much i enjoyed myself. (mind you i never once went for a swim but to me that's not what the beauty of the beach is). i spent my time walking along the sand, chatting with friends, and my personal favorite, running barefoot along the water's edge with charlee.

other highlights of the trip include: (and in no particular order of preference minus the first one)

~finding my very own duck beach crush (most likely the largest reason why all of us venture down there in the first place)
~seeing a sting ray washed up on the sand and having charlee give me the grandfather talk of "tracy, all things die one day..."
~driving back with three guys and being the token girl who discussed and analyzed each of their dating lives
~catching up with my dear, sweet friend cristy meiners
~staying at a beach house with 30 other people
~attending a ward that the congregation consisted of 800, most likely 700 of whom were all single, lds kids
~chatting on a dock out by the water with a random guy playing the guitar in the background

all in all, great weekend.

until i can figure out how to write captions for my pictures, here is a list of who's in the above photos, in order of their appearance:
~me and my dear roommate laura who really i have to thank for this trip as she was my inspiration for coming and never gave up on me
~our lovely friend caroline who came all the way from st. george, ut to be with us
~charlee strutting her stuff across the beach
~my coworker mauri and i
~the one and only cristy meiners


2 comments:

Karon said...

You look great! I'm so glad you loved the beach.

Anonymous said...

Tracy dear--you look marvelous!

Dad