08 May 2007

back by popular demand




after an overwhelming majority of people demanded that i continue writing on my blog (thanks karon and melissa), i have decided...drumroll...to post again. will it be another month before another post? two days? a year? who knows. we'll see how this one goes over with the masses.

last weekend i went to utah to help my sweet mom in her quest to babysit my brother derek's children while he and his wife wisked away to cancun for a needed vacation. no sweat i thought as i purchased my plane tickets, i've got babysitting down to a fine art right?

little did i know that not only am i not ready to be a mom, i'll go as far as to say that those kids completely and unabashedly wore me out. how can people so small be so time demanding? my respect for mothers at least quadrupled this weekend.

probably one of the most hilarious hours of the trip was spent at church as i strolled in in my new heels and trendy outfit toting my 16-month-old niece ready to conquer the world and show that i can handle a baby. one hour later, chocolate stains on my skirt and several runs down the aisle to pick her up, i finally resigned.

good thing you only have one kid at a time.

4 comments:

Karon said...

Those kids are just precious. I'm so glad you posted again!

Melissa Fullmer said...

Yeah she is alive! Hooray! Yeah, i feel sorry for people with twins. Don't you have family in texas?? hint hint.....

Tracy and Odie said...

dearest melissa, i in fact do have family in texas. but seeing as how i was the last one to visit said state, i believe it is now your turn to visit mine...

belle black said...

i'm so glad you're finally blogging! i already linked our blog to mine. darling nieces and nephews. absolutely darling.