08 April 2008

introducing...

Lest you think I’ve intentionally neglected my dear blog, tis not so. I have a perfectly good reason as to where all of my time has gone, including the time usually set aside for such blogging endeavors. And that reason has a name.

It’s Odie Ovard.

I’d like to introduce my dear Odie. Some of the basic stats include the following:
*His full name is DeWayne Spencer Ovard
*He is from Fredericksburg, VA
*He was born 2 February 1982
*He attended James Madison University
*He is the fifth of seven children
*He served a mission in Hawaii

Now, on to the fun details:
*He can play just about any sport freakishly well
*He’s amazing with computers
*He loves chick flicks (don’t hate me, Odie)
*He always loses at thumb war with me
*He has great break dancing skills
*He has an infectious laugh and shares it often
*He first met me at a Paulo Nutini concert last September

And most importantly, he and I have the best time together. I pretty much (along with my dear friend, Taylor) prayed him into dating me. No really. I thought he was adorable and in Thanksgiving started praying that he’d ask me out. Prayers really work my friends…

Here we are at JMU last weekend, my first time ever visiting.


Odie's favorite breakdancing move


The kite festival in DC


Kite festival part deux


I love this picture for two reasons. One I love that headband and two I love connect four. And I love Odie, so I guess that's three reasons why this is a great picture.

24 comments:

MishMyBelle said...

Glad you're back! What cute pictures! I am glad to see you've been using your time so productively!

Tracy said...

Another fun fact: he is totally in my home stake. He probably doesn't know me, but I know his family. Patriarch Ovard is his daddy. What good taste you have, TV!

Katrina said...

Aw, that was really sweet in all the good ways. I couldn't be happier for you, Trace. Bring him to NC so I can meet him!

Karon said...

Yay for this post! I heard that Odie was with you at Aaron's wedding reception and I've been so curious to know more. He sounds wonderful!

Chelsy said...

So glad to see the pics! Just in time for the campus visits reunion party this weekend...we can have "catch up with Tracy on her blog" time! :o)

So happy you are happy!!!

Anonymous said...

Love the update! Can't wait to meet him! Bring him on by next time you're in town. MaCheney

Janey said...

love love love love love love I LOVE IT!!!!! :)

DeWayne said...

Wow I thought facebook would be the ultimate 'official' mark of Odie and Tracy, but I thought that a blog entry would be much better. We've been dating for such a short time but already our minds have become one! I love you Tracy! and we look so good together... who said that?

taylor said...

This is such a cute post! I love it!

And I love that we prayed him into dating you... ha ha ha

taylor said...

And PS... you have THE cutest profile photo up of you... ah... Taylor Hall...

Jenny said...

wow tracey, I discovered your blog at just the right time. You know that I love Odie dearly and couldn't be more happy for him. Love it love it love it.

Sheryl said...

You're in love! That is so great. Well you better be, since he kept you from a major hang out with me. I'm so happy for you. It gives me hope. I need to pray harder I guess.

P.s. I need to come back to DC...I'll know new week about TFA, so I'll know if I'll be coming to DC...ah!

Anonymous said...

Hey Tracy, Molly and I had a great time at dinner last night! If DeWayne created a list of your skills and interests i would encourage him to include 'Excellent Check Organizing Abilities.' :)

Looking forward to the next group activity!

Anonymous said...

Awww... how cute is that! Love both of you guys! Thanks for coming over this weekend, it was so good to see you again!

Unknown said...

Hey You! How have you been????

Betancourt Family said...

What a sweet post! He must be a good guy if he's been lucky enough to be loved by Ms. Tracy V!
Yeah for the both of you!

Gretchen said...

Ooooo la la! That is a pretty good reason if you ask me. He sounds like a wonderful guy. I am so happy for you! You deserve the best!

King Family said...

So Tracy....
Are things looking "serious" with Odie???? Hmmm?????
Don't hold back girl! Spill it!

Anonymous said...

Omigosh!!! We were praying for the same thing!

Anonymous said...

I'm spilling the beans...that previous "anonymous" which said ...Omigosh!!! We were praying for the same thing!, was submitted by a certain young man's mama.
Course--we were both praying...
Signed--Daddy

Bryan, Mary, Abby & Lorin said...

Tracy - it's obviously been a long time. I can't believe I didn't know about Odie. I need more details. Maybe you can email me about it soon. :) Love.

Sarah said...

Ahhh. You two look so cute! How's life going?

Unknown said...

As Odie's boss this is all really interesting information that I didn't know. Funny much of this didn't come up in the interview process :-)

Unknown said...

Just to rat out Odie, he just ate an ice cream drum stick and then chased that down with several handfuls of peanut butter m&m's... as he explains that he's on a sugar-free diet! [yes, this is my last comment :-)]