29 October 2007

lover of dogs?

i have never considered myself an animal person. growing up my mom said she was "allergic" to animals, especially cats. i'm not quite sure if i believe that to be true (sorry mom). but either way, i grew up in a household that eschewed all things animal. i can remember thinking it was fun as a child to kill ants. how sad is that? (don't worry, my parents quickly put an end to that one. we may not particularly like animals, but we voncannons are not ant-killers). luckily my dad and stepmom currently have a yorkshire terrier so i suppose that is my only claim to being exposed to animals but it still counts.

so suffice it to say, i have never been much of a pet kinda girl.

until i met oscar.

oscar is my sister's eight-week-old cockapoo. he's darling. positively darling. i met him last sunday for the first time. his brown eyes looked up at me and he just seemed so small and helpless. how could i not love him? perhaps love is strong given that we just met and he is, well, an animal. but suffice it to say, i have a very strong affinity for my new canine friend.

it's that look that won me over.


please note my new haircut. more layers in the back.

apparently puppies are like newborns and sleep all the time.

2 comments:

Melissa Fullmer said...

awe, you gotta love puppies, it dogs I don't like, love the new do!

Katrina said...

So dang cute! I'm pretty sure it's impossible not to love something so darling.