18 September 2008

georgia bridal shower

my first bridal shower. it ended up being a whole lot more fun than i expected. not that i didn't expect there to be fun times had by all, but i was SO nervous to have people watch me open gifts. i practiced the night before trying to have an even, uniform excitement so as to make everyone feel and know that i equally appreciated their gifts.
turns out that it was so much fun opening presents. what was i nervous about? you're sitting there surrounded by loved ones you haven't seen in SO long (we're talking young women days) and you're getting showered with gifts.
AND my cute mom did a "vintage" theme and had me dress up as a flapper. i should have been born in the 20s. truly. i loved wearing the costume around and it was the first item i packed up on my way home. that baby will get much use in future halloween costumes.
enjoy the photos!
the loot. notice the gold gloves. i felt like i should be washing dishes in them and they promptly had to be removed.
dear, dear brieanne. we were great friends in high school and now she has TWO kids.
cute sister-in-law amanda
tracy, mom, amanda

awesome food. thanks darleen for hosting!
how tasty are these petits fours that have wedding rings on top? those certainly did not help the fitting into the wedding dress goal. i'd say those were worth it.
doing my dance of excitement after putting on the dress.
everyone wrote words of advice and recipes and put them together in a scrapbook. this was by far my favorite gift and something i'll treasure. some women even gave me copies of their wedding pictures. i LOVED that.
opening the first gift...

p.s. here is my shoutout to carol. i'm so sad you weren't able to make it!
p.s.s. thank you so much to all who were able to come!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could have been there - looks like you had so much fun!!

taylor said...

Oh, Trace! It looks like you had so much fun! You dancing in the flapper outfit is my favorite picture! You are so darling! I'm glad it all went well... um, I don't know what you were worried about--getting gifts is fun! :) LOVE YOU. ~Tay

Sheryl said...

you make one cute flapper!

Melissa Fullmer said...

that looks like so much fun, i wish i could have been there. Clara has a cute flapper dress, too bad she isn't coming to your wedding, i would have her wear it :) can't wait to see you!

Stefers511 said...

Tracy, you are seriously the cutest! I am loving all your pre-wedding fun and am so happy for you! Enjoy it all!
hearts,
Steph

John and Brieanne Dabney said...

Got your thank you card today. Thanks for inviting me! It was fun, I just wish I could have stayed longer. We'll definately get together in December. My birthday is the 20th, so you'll have to take me out!

Unknown said...

Where have you been you married girl you. We need pictures from the wedding. :)